As an insurance agent with NCHEALTHPLANS.COM/JERRY BALLARD & ASSOCIATES, which has been in business and serving North Carolina residents since 1974, I hear many questions. Most recently, people have asked one in particular: “why do I need an insurance agent?”
Here are 5 important reasons you need an insurance agent:
- You’ll receive professional advice: The Affordable Care Act introduced new rules, regulations and situations that never existed before. Special Enrollment Periods, Qualifying Life Events, the Federal Exchange and Premium Tax Credits are all terms that did not exist prior to the ACA. It’s a lot to process. The good news is that a Professional and Licensed insurance agent is up-to-date on current laws regarding the health insurance industry and the enrollment process. Licensed agents are required to stay current in an ever-changing market and are able to help educate customers. It’s our business to know this business.
- You’ll be better prepared for the Marketplace: As licensed agents, it is our job to understand the Marketplace and how it works. We will help you estimate subsidy qualifications, discuss options, assist you with your application and ultimately guide you through the enrollment process. Furthermore, we can explain the guidelines affecting Special Enrollment, application deadlines, effective dates and premium payments in order to make sure you are enrolled successfully.
- You’ll have help comparing plans: Negotiating terms like deductible, coinsurance, copayment and the like can be tricky. In addition, there are now several ways to apply for health insurance. There are more plans available and they can be complicated depending on your subsidy qualifications. Your agent will listen to your family’s healthcare history and help you determine which BCBSNC health plan best meets your needs, at a price you can afford.
- You’ll get personalized customer service: One of the nicest things about having an insurance agent is the personal service that comes from having a contact person who knows you by name. As an insured member of BCBSNC, you could be faced with situations requiring the assistance of someone who understands the insurance company and is equipped to solve problems. Your agent will also be available to you when it’s time to renew or make changes to your policy.
- It’s totally free!: Unlike most professional services, there is never a fee associated with having an insurance agent. Our advice, guidance and support come to you free of charge. In short, you are getting expert advice absolutely free, by generating your quote and getting started today.
At Jerry Ballard and Associates, our agents are committed to our customers and strive to make sure you and your family are protected with the right coverage for your situation. For more information on Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina health insurance coverage, the Marketplace and healthcare gov to apply for your subsidy, please visit our website at www.nchealthplans.com or call our toll free number 888-765-5400 and speak with one of our experienced and professional agents. Let us help you navigate through the Health Care Reform changes in accordance with the new regulations of The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obama care.