Individual & Family Plans
Broad Statewide Network with most provider choice.
Blue Advantage gives you access to our largest statewide network. This is a good option if you want a broad choice of in-network doctors, specialists and hospitals. BLUE ADVANTAGE offers:
- More than 97% of doctors and 99% of the hospitals in North Carolina are in-network
Limited Statewide Network with lower cost
Blue Value is a good fit if you are flexible about which doctors you see – or if your doctor or hospital is part of this smaller network. The network is statewide, making it easy to get in-network care if you travel or have a child away at college.
BLUE VALUE offers:
- A limited statewide network for savings
- Network includes, but is not limited to, CaroMont Health, Frye Regional, New Hanover Regional, Novant Health, UNC Health Alliance and Wake Forest Baptist Health
Local Network using Atrium Health and it’s affiliates
Blue Local with Atrium Health is a good option if you wish to get care from Atrium Health (and its affiliated doctors and hospitals). Since the majority of doctors in this plan are in the same health care system, it’s easier for them to work together on your behalf.
BLUE LOCAL with Atrium Health offers:
- Atrium Health’s smaller, local network of hospitals and providers
- A provider network that includes Atrium Health Levine’s Children’s Hospital, which is nationally ranked in seven specialties;14 Carolinas Medical Center, the region’s only Level 1 trauma center, which was named the “Best Hospital” in the Charlotte metro region for the third straight year,15 and more than 200 primary care and urgent care locations
Local Network using Wake Forest Baptist Health and it’s affiliates
Blue Local with Wake Forest Baptist Health is a good option if you wish to get care from Wake Forest Baptist Health and its affiliated doctors and hospitals. Since the majority of doctors in this plan are in the same system, it’s easier for them to work together on your behalf.
BLUE LOCAL with Wake Forest Baptist Health offers:
- Wake Forest Baptist Health’s local network of hospitals and providers
- A provider network that includes Wake Forest Baptist hospital, an academic medical center, four community hospitals, Brenner Children’s Hospital, more than 300 primary care and specialty clinics, and one of only 49 comprehensive cancer centers in the country
Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance is a good option if you wish to get care from UNC Health Care’s provider network, UNC Health Alliance, and its affiliated doctors and hospitals. Since the majority of doctors in this plan are in the same network, it’s easier for them to work together on your behalf.
BLUE HOME with UNC Health Alliance offers:
- UNC Health Alliance’s network of hospitals and providers, including over 860 primary care providers
- A provider network that includes UNC Medical Center, nationally ranked in 5 adult and 7 pediatric specialties by U.S. News, along with UNC Rex, rated by U.S. News as high performing in 9 adult procedures and conditions
To assist in making health insurance more affordable, the federal government offers financial assistance, also called subsidies, to individuals and families who qualify based on their income and household size. Our Subsidy estimator tools will allow you to estimate whether you and/or your family would be eligible for a subsidy. The same tool allows you to apply for a subsidy through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
To qualify for a subsidy under health care reform, you must:
- Be between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
- Not be eligible for public coverage, such as Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Medicare, or coverage through the armed services.
- Other factors may apply.