Medicare Supplement Plan F
Plan F is the most popular Medicare Supplement plan and the most comprehensive coverage available.
Of the 10 standardized Medicare Supplement plans available in most states, the Plan F is the richest plan in benefits. Medicare Supplement plans are designed to pay for costs that Medicare Part A and B do not cover. Medicare Supplement plans are sometimes referred to as “Medigap” plans because they fill the gaps in coverage. The Plan F fills each of the existing gaps in coverage. Therefore, it’s possible that beneficiaries of the Plan F will have minimal or no out of pocket expenses when visiting the doctor or hospital.
Medicare Supplement Plans are provided by private insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina. In order to be eligible for a Medicare Supplement plan, one must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B.
Plan F Benefits:
This is a list of the coverages provided under a Medicare Supplement Plan F:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs (up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used up)
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- First three pints of blood
- Skilled nursing facility (SNF) care coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency coverage (up to plan limits)
Plan F Rates:
Medicare Supplement plan rates can differ based on age, county of residence, and other factors. Use the Quote button to gain a better understanding of the Medicare Supplement Plan F rates and coverages.